Hello! Welcome to ReviewBox Brazil. If you are looking for a children’s comforter but don’t know where to start to choose the best one, this article is for you.
Indispensable to make the bed of the little ones beautiful and inviting, the children’s comforter helps to make up the decoration of the room, complementing the environment with thematic prints or the darling characters of the kids, but it is also the best option to ensure a warm and comfortable night.
Follow us through this reading and check out the best product options, as well as the features you should look out for to make the best choice of children’s bed comforter.
First, the most important
- The market offers hundreds of children’s comforter options. To buy the ideal one, choose according to the size and model of the bed, as well as the style of the room and the outfit with which the item will match.
- Material, padding, finish, size and model are some of the main features to be evaluated when buying a children’s comforter.
- Prices are quite varied. Fluctuations occur according to the material and brand of the product, as well as other factors such as embroidered details, lace, finishes and prints. You can find simpler comforters for under $ 50. The most luxurious and cushioned comforters can cost over $ 500.
With the arrival of the cold it’s time to start thinking about bedding to warm the kids at night. After all, bedtime is a sacred time, especially for children.
And to ensure a peaceful sleep that a warm, inviting and cozy bed is nothing better than a good children’s comforter. In printed or character-inspired versions, children’s comforters are alive and exciting.
Check out our Buying Guide for product tips, variables, values, and where to buy, and to help you choose the ideal children’s comforter that will lift the look of a children’s bed and make their nights even more comfortable.
A good children’s comforter ensures warm and comfortable nights for the little ones. (Source: ddimitrova / Pixabay)
What is a children’s comforter?
The children’s comforter is a thickly designed children’s blanket ideal for colder days.
Made up of two fabric faces with a padding in the middle, the children’s comforter differs from the others by its size – ideal for use in cribs, children’s beds or single beds; and also for the prints, colors and themes intended for the younger audience.
The product can be found with a wide range of materials, but as it is a product intended for children, it is common to find special treatments in fabrics, such as waterproofing, antibacterial, antiallergic, among others.
What are the advantages of a children’s comforter?
Versatile, the children’s comforter not only covers the child and keeps them warm and cozy during sleep, but can also be used as a bedspread, matching the color and pattern of the room and enriching the decor of the child’s room.
The children’s comforter in addition to heating the little ones in winter make up the room decor. (Source: iriana88w / 123RF)
Available in a variety of patterns, themes and characters, the children’s comforter can be chosen according to the preferences of the little ones and become an ally of the parents facilitating the bedtime process.
Very durable, children’s comforters – generally – are easy to maintain. If washed and stored properly, good quality children’s comforters can last for generations.
- Versatile, can be used as cover or bed liner
- There are versions for all tastes and pockets.
- Functional and decorative
- Durable and easy to maintain
- Famous character models may be more expensive
What is the best material for a children’s comforter?
Cute, cozy and warm, the children’s comforter can be the best companion for little ones on cold nights. But for comfort to be truly guaranteed, you need to consider beyond aesthetic issues to choose the best option.
As the comforter is a piece that will be for long periods in direct contact with the skin of the small, redoubled attention in the choice is essential. Don’t be fooled by the beauty or cuteness of colors and prints. That’s where the importance of material comes in.
Choosing the children’s comforter material is essential for the quality of sleep of the little ones. (Source: Katarzyna BiaÅ‚asiewicz / 123RF)
There is a wide range of materials used in the manufacture of children’s comforters. And choosing the best one for your child depends on what you want to offer him. The most popular are:
- Cotton : Durable and with good moisture absorption, this material is the most suitable for the Brazilian climate. Soft and comfortable is quite wear resistant;
- Microfiber : Lightweight, resistant and silky touch are practical, as they warm to the right extent and do not knead, which facilitates the routine washing and layering of the child;
- Satin : In mixed fabric made of the combination of satin and cotton, has a velvety and soft touch. Demand more care in washing;
- Polyester : Synthetic fabric is less breathable. Despite having a soft touch, it tends to accumulate balls with use.
Let’s compare the materials point by point:
|Touch||Soft||Soft and silky||Soft and velvety||Soft|
|Heat retention||Large, although material is well breathable||Warms to the right extent||Low, ideal for hot spells||High, barely breathable material|
The values of children’s comforters may vary greatly by model, material used and product design. You can find simpler versions for under $ 50.
But more sophisticated models with embroidery and other details can have much higher prices. In this review we show comforters from $ 140 to $ 250.
Where to buy?
You can buy your children’s comforter at physical stores that offer bed and bath products, home décor and utilities, such as American Stores, Havan, Etna, Tok Stok, among others.
You can also make the purchase over the Internet, taking advantage of all the convenience and variety that e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Mercado Livre offer.
Purchasing Criteria: Factors to Compare Children’s Comforter Models
Now that you have learned a little more about the children’s comforter, let’s close this article with some more relevant information. Here are some features that can help you get the right choice for the duvet bedding:
- Weft and thread count
For once and for all doubt, check the detail of each of these features:
Weft and thread count
Depending on the fabric of the children’s comforter – especially cotton and polyester – there will vary the quality and quantity of yarns in the fabric weft. As with other layette pieces, the more yarns in the fabric weft, the better its quality.
Children’s models with 150-wire wefts are already considered good, while models above 200-wire are already considered excellent.
Filling is the material that lies between the two sides of the fabric in the children’s comforter. Responsible for making the comforter soft and cuddly and for promoting the thermal insulation of the piece.
The denser the filling, the warmer and softer the comforter. The filler layer can be made of material:
- Synthetic : It has good heat retention capacity, and is more practical as it can go to the conventional washing machine. They may be of the silicone or resin type. The silicone filler keeps the volume longer while the resin crumbles and loses volume fast even without washing.
- Natural : Cotton fibers, feathers or goose feathers also have good thermal insulation, but may require special care. Materials such as feathers and feathers require dry cleaning, and are more prone to proliferation of mites and microorganisms.
Matching the colors and style of the children’s comforter with the rest of the elements is a good tip to complement the decor of the children’s bedroom. (Source: Sagateky / Pixabay)
The finishing of the piece may vary from model to model, and add some differentials to the children’s comforter. The most popular finishes are:
- Waterproof : With liquid protection, this finish is very suitable for children to avoid headaches with accidental spills of water and other liquids;
- Double sided : Also called two in one, it comes in different fabrics but yes on each side, with finishing given so that the product can be used on both sides;
- Matched : With quilted finish and stitching that forms reliefs and designs, making the comforter more beautiful and comfortable.
If your children’s comforter will be used not only as a cover but also as a bedspread, the size of the product is very important. For single beds the ideal minimum size is 2.10 m high x 1.40 m wide. The larger the comforter, the better the fit of the piece on the bed.
However, it is not worth exaggerating! Also consider the height of the bed to define the ideal fit of the piece. Models that are too large may end up dragging on the floor, which will cause dirt to accumulate on the edges of the part and may lead to accidents.
We have already listed here the materials used to make the comforters, but it is worth mentioning the importance of paying attention to the type and quality of the materials of the product both externally and in the filling.
The ideal comforter for children is one that has a soft feel to the delicate skin of little ones, and is minimally prone to causing allergies or irritations of any kind. Anti-mite and antibacterial protections are excellent extras in this case.
Models with neutral prints are easier to match and serve different ages. (Source: Victória_Borodinova / Pixabay)
In addition to the antiallergic characteristics, it is necessary that the preservation and cleaning of the piece take place properly, to avoid accumulation of dirt and microorganisms.
So choose simple wash models and easy maintenance to avoid extra work. After all, children’s bedding tends to need to be changed more often than the others.